Goals

We all have them, we set big goals and little goals, we set long term and short term goals, it is the natural way to move through life.
Many times we set goals and when we don't reach them we either just brush it off as no big deal or we beat ourselves up over it.
In life I have set many goals, some I have completed but many I either just failed to complete or let fear keep me from completing, when I had my shoulder replaced my DR gave me a goal to be able to make my arm go to 150degrees of forward raise. Laying in a hospital bed with very little pain meds on board this seemed like a impossible goal, and I remember the pain and tears that it took to move that arm just a few hours after surgery. Though there has been much pain it has been worth it because today I can still lift my arm to 150 degrees.
Some goals in life are easy and some seem impossible. I have always dreamed of working in healthcare specifically either as a Dr, Midwife, or another type of primary care. I have reached some of these goals in my life though I have allowed the fear of not being good enough, keep me from full success. I also have always fought my weight, I don't remember not being heavy, I was a super athletic fat girl my whole life with the metabolism of a sloth, I know that many have looked at me like I must just sit on the couch and stuff my face though that has never been true, I have watched my caloric intake since I was a young teen with very little success of any real weight loss.
So this year I made new goals both having to do with my education and future career but also to my health. I know both of these goals could easily be ended if I allow my fear of failure to rule me. I Am Good Enough and I can do this. I have spent many hours in prayer over these goal and will continue to pray that God will give me the strength to push through both physically and mentally.
Set goals make them realistic yet stretching, and only worry about the next step not the huge picture. Be prepared to succeed.

Comments