Sometimes life is hard



Over the past few months I have seen my Nephew get married, had major surgery, said goodbye to my Uncle and a special father figure who I loved very much, and have had lots of tears as my Sister and her family head back overseas for another two to three year.
On February 6th I sat in a pew and watch my Nephew get married, it is always hard to see kids grow up, but it is always bitter sweet when you watch them move into the next phase of life, I was so blessed to be part of their very special day.
Then three days later I packed up my life and checked into the Hospital to have a Shoulder replacement, this was a surgery that I have been needing for a few years but have had to jump through a lot of hoops to get to the point of it being done, so I had alot of fear going into this operation. When I came out of surgery I had a hard time with the medicine so the first week was very hard on me, thankfully I have a wonderful family to be there for me and to take care of me, also by being at my parents has given me the opportunity to spend alot of time with Janel's family before they headed back.
I can't believe how much has gone on this spring, we have had joy and sorrow, said good bye to loved ones, and experienced what it means to be there for each other. Each day that passes I am so blessed by the family that God has given me, they have gone above and beyond to be there for me through my surgery and recovery and they now have given of so much for me to be able to have a great kitchen.
Life is not always easy, there will always be things that cause you to struggle, I can't imagine if I did have a relationship with the Lord, if I couldn't take my fears and struggle to him I don't know how I could keep going, I now realize how blessed I was to have a family that made having a personal relationship with the Lord a priority, to have parents that encouraged my walk and siblings who have always been there for me.
Sometimes I feel so much weaker than I used to be, some of this may be physical and some may be emotional. I used to feel like I could take on the world and now I am not always sure I can take on the day, these are the times I am trying to remember to take it to the Lord and not let it eat at me. So if nothing else remember life isn't always easy but there is always someone there for you, Trust in the Lord with all your might and lean not on your own understanding in all acknowledge him and he will direct your path. Give it to the Lord he has the Shoulders to handle anything!

Comments