Family


When I was a kid I didn't realize what an amazing family I had, I knew that we were different, mainly because my parents were still married, but also I had a Sister who was married and had kids and lived with us. It has only been in the last fifteen years that I have truly realized how blessed I am to have the family that I have. I have two parents who have been married for 45 years this year and have been through some hard times but always have walked through it together. I have three amazing sisters who each in their own way has helped me grow into the woman that I am. I have a baby brother who has been my best friend, and I have been blessed with fabulous brothers and sister in law.
I believe that the thing that has kept our family this insanely tight unit is the Love of the Lord, I don't have any memories where my parents were not encouraging me or my sibling to have a personal walk with the Lord. When you are a kid sometimes it is hard to realize that what they are saying is not nagging but rather training and encouraging.
My family make up is a Grandmother who is 94 and still serving in the Church a mother and father who are serving a sister, brother-in-law and nephew, niece-in-law and niece who are all serving in the local church. I also have another sister and brother-in-law who are serving overseas and another who are serving in their local church. I am so blessed to see my fifteen nieces and nephews being brought up in the church and not just showing up on Sunday and filling a pew but serving from the time they are little kids.
As a kid and an M.K. my siblings and I were always watched and any time we messed up it was public, and believe me we were not perfect. I hated the fact that we were held to a higher standard than any other kids including the Pastors kids, but guess what it really hasn't changed we are still held accountable and sometimes I feel like we are help responsible for things that we really have no control over.
I have realized that it is a good thing to be held accountable and that my actions do matter, it is a good thing that kids look up to me and if me or my family need to be blamed or the scape goat then so be it we are a big family who has faith in Christ and strong convictions, we are also a family that loves the Lord and will continue to serve him to the best of our abilities.
I am blessed to know that my family will all be in heaven together and that I do not have to wonder about any of their salvation. I know that we are human and therefore there will always be struggles we may fight and say things we regret but because of the grace of God we are also able to forgive. I am So blessed to be a Byers.

Comments