A Trip Down Memory Lane

It is natural to divide your life into time periods, We all have the young Childhood a time of first memories, first friends and so on then we go into the awkward time of adolescents this is usually one of the hardest times because you have no clue who you are or even how to be you, Then we move on to being a teenager wow hold on to your socks because it's going to be a ride, next we hit college and young adult. during this time we start to find out who we are, it is during this time that we make friends, fall in love, fall out of Love, and experience life. Them we hit adulthood and so many expect us to know what we are doing and where we are headed, again another awkward time.
As time has gone by there are some I have wanted to go back and do over and some I wanted to have because of the great memories and some that I never want to think about again.
For Me the time that I dream of most often was college, not because I can't move forward or want to stay young, but because it is where I made friends grew up learned to walk with the Lord, Learned how to handle grief, fend for myself and become me. Tonight I sit in a house in the quintessential town of LaGrange, I think I came back looking for some of the dreams that I created while I lived here. When I drove into town I felt like I had arrived and I felt this familiar comfort come over me it actually made me cry, but it doesn't take much these days.
I believe God sent me on this journey for a reason, I needed to find something I had lost in the craziness of life and that is the stillness and taking time to listen to God. This has been such an amazing adventure for me I have seen friends I hadn't seen in 11 years I have cried with them laughed with them talked till late into the night just like when we were young. But most of all I have been reminded that every life has a purpose and everyone we meet makes a make it make be positive or negative but it is still a make remember, to leave a positive one, you never know what you life might mean to someone 10 years down the road.

Comments

  1. I love how you put it, I now sit and think back and reflect on my life here too! thanks

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment