Family

I am of the opinion that I have been blessed with one of the greatest families ever. I look at other families around me and I am saddened that they never see each other or when they do it is a quick visit and more of an obligation that a desire to spend time together.
One of my all time favorite movies is My Big Fat Greek Wedding, I can relate to this movie because no matter what my family is there for me. We may be loud and very crazy but we love each other and are always there for each other.
Many years ago I was in an argument with my oldest sister we were very stressed at the time by what was going on in life. I found myself in a store that carries the seasonal peeps even though it was not Easter, so knowing that my sister loved peeps I bought some for her, when I gave them to her I told Her it was a PEEPS offering and we have had that as a joke ever since.
I look at so many memories about my family from the times we have cried together and the times we have been close to a knock down drag out fight, or when I we have found ourselves laughing so hard that we almost peed our pants. These are the memories that make me feel so incredibly blessed by my family.
This past year my parents celebrated their 45th anniversary, My oldest Sister celebrated her 25th anniversary, my second oldest sister celebrated her 15th my third oldest celebrated her 14th and my baby brother celebrated His 12th. I look at this list and just think about the legacy that is being created for generations to come.
So We may be big and loud but we will always be there for each other and I would not want it any other way.

Comments

Post a Comment