Joy in Trials

James 1:2-3
Consider it all joy my brethren, when you encounter various trials. Knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance.
I can not tell you how many time this verse has gone through my mind in my lifetime. It always seems to be the first verse that goes through my mind when times are hard, and each trial I have gone through has helped to mold me to be who I am today.
Today is one of those days a day full of fear and worry not for what I know but rather the unknown. I look ahead with hesitation and I keep trying to focus on the future not the unknown of this moment. I know that God in always in control and I will continue to look to Him in all things.
So you are probably wondering what the rambling is about, I am really not sure yet but somehow I went in to have my shoulder replaced and am now waiting for a appointment with a specialist in endocrinology. yeah I know big words, they are big to me also, they also hold fear and concern. Not only because I fear what I will learn but the concern because I have no idea how God is going to fund this.
After four years of dealing with my shoulder and living on disability, not only do I not have insurance but there is no extra money to cover things such as CT scans and PET scans and even surgery. But the one thing I do know is that God has always provided I have never been without and He has always provided for our needs, so I know He will take care of me this time also.
All of these things keep mind running I find myself spending hour researching and looking at option and alternatives. I find myself fearing the worst instead of Praying for the best. I am choosing to stop fearing and yes this will be something that I will have to remember a million times a day but I also know that He is going to carry me through whatever this is also

Comments