Proverbs 31:30-31
Favour is deceitful and beauty is vain: but a woman who feareth the Lord, she shall be praised. Give her the fruit of her hands; and let her own works praise her in the gates.
I have been going through the book of Esther in my Bible study and we see he as a submissive young woman when we look at her in relationship to her uncle Mordecai, though we also see her as this strong woman of faith and strength when we look at her in relationship to king Ahasurus.
Esther was willing to follow the direction of her uncle but also she was strong enough to step out in faith for what she believed. In the book of Esther it describes her as a beautiful woman. In my studies I find that she had beauty beyond end. But she did not use her beauty to advance herself in life rather she chose to be simplistic in her appearance and let the natural beauty show.
I think we can take allot from Esther's character and the way that she handled herself in a Godly manner. I would strive to have the Character of Esther. I am a long ways from being an Esther but if I can learn one character quality from her I will be more of a blessing to those around me.
Favour is deceitful and beauty is vain: but a woman who feareth the Lord, she shall be praised. Give her the fruit of her hands; and let her own works praise her in the gates.
I have been going through the book of Esther in my Bible study and we see he as a submissive young woman when we look at her in relationship to her uncle Mordecai, though we also see her as this strong woman of faith and strength when we look at her in relationship to king Ahasurus.
Esther was willing to follow the direction of her uncle but also she was strong enough to step out in faith for what she believed. In the book of Esther it describes her as a beautiful woman. In my studies I find that she had beauty beyond end. But she did not use her beauty to advance herself in life rather she chose to be simplistic in her appearance and let the natural beauty show.
I think we can take allot from Esther's character and the way that she handled herself in a Godly manner. I would strive to have the Character of Esther. I am a long ways from being an Esther but if I can learn one character quality from her I will be more of a blessing to those around me.
Powerful words. Thank you.
ReplyDelete