Scars of Life

A Scar can be physical or emotional, they can be intentional or accidental, they can be seen or unseen, but we all have them. Some of us have skin that scars easier than others and so new scars pop up every day, but then there are those who do not scar easy and only the big ones show up.
I have too many scars to count, I have large surgical scars that will be a constant reminder of that time in my life and then I have smaller scars caused by little events that I have forgotten the cause.
Emotional scars are the same, the big ones show up more and others can see them and then the little ones may be visible at first but the effects will fade with time.
No matter what has caused the scar the effects will always be with you if you are always told that you are not good enough you will eventually start too believe it you will quit giving yourself the pep talks that make you get up and go and eventually you will give up, causing that scar to become big and ugly.
Physical scars are the same, if you have surgery and you have to rehab, at first the scar is very painful and the skin has all kinds of tenderness, the further you get from the surgery the lighter the scar becomes. Though it will never be gone.
I find remembering the story of what caused the scar helps me to remember where I have been and helps me push forward to where I want to be.
The Scar on my calf is long and has faded over time but it is still there 25 years later. but when I see that scar it brings back a wonderful time in my life. It reminds me of what started my love of riding bikes with my brother, but wow could those metal pedals tear your legs up. Then I look at the scar on my shoulder, this scar is fresh and new. It is big and still painful and is a constant reminder of who I used to be and makes me wonder if I will ever be close to that person again.
With all scars there are things that you can do to help them heal, with physical scars there are vitamins you can use or creams that will help them become less noticeable but nothing can take the scar away. But with emotional scar there are no special creams that you can rub on them, instead you can heal them though acknowledging them and pressing on.
There have been many things that have left their mark on my life and I find my strength in the Lord, He is who I talk to when my shoulder hurts and I feel like I will never be able to get to a point of comfort again. But He is also who I go to to help heal my emotional scars. The greatest thing about being able to go to God about our scars and pain, is that we will never get a busy signal He is never in a hurry or just does not have time, He is always available, and will always listen now matter what the issue.

Comments

  1. I think a good life is full of scares, of both kinds, because the only way to avoid them is to avoid doing. Even then, doing nothing, there is risk.

    I know they are not easy, but they do heal. <3 you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment