I decided to do something different this year for my Birthday. Something I have never done before, I decided that my very favorite thing in the whole world is to serve other and to feed them really good food, so this year for my Birthday I am throwing my own party!!!!
I have not been in much of a party mood the past few years and truly I have to say I usually hate my birthday and really just want to ignor it, but this year I am celebrating.
So instead of dreading the day that is coming on Sunday, tomorrow night I am pulling out all the stops and gonna surprise my family when they come for my Birthday dinner. I have been thing and making up the menu in my head I have the basics completely planned and I can't wait to celebrate.
I have to admit a week ago I was not so excited I though oh well whatever we will get this day over with also and then my whole attitude changed. I decided that a party dress was in order and a meal fit for a king to go along with it. I also have many song running through my brain that I would love to play but I am not sure that they are right for the family.
I have spent this last year really looking at myself and who am, who I used to be and what do I want for my future, and truly God is the only one who knows what the future holds for me but I am actively seeking his will for my life. So now where does that leave me? I believe that it puts me in a solid place. I have been through such fire that I am becoming more fireproof each day. Instead of setting goals at New Years I am setting Goal for my new Year. goal number one. No Shoulder Surgery!!!!!!!!
Goal number 2. to seek God completely as I move forward in my life. ( I know this should be number one but after three major surgeries in 3 1/2 years I think the other gets top billing) 3. To Trust and not let myself dwell on the thing that i have no control over. 4. To be more kind and Patient with those in my life. I could go on but I will give you a glimpse of the top goals.
Attitude is everything. We choose how we are going to look at the hand we are dealt, I can ask why but it is not going to do me in good so instead I am choosing to be thankful the God has blessed me with amazing DR's and a way to comer all of the cost of the care I am receiving.
So I am jumping into this year I am choosing a path and I am pressing forward and tomorrow night I am wearing y party dress!!!!!!!
It sounds amazing! I know what happens when you cook. :)
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday, my friend.