It is only a week till my Birthday, really it is only another day of the year, not really a big deal. But it does always start me thinking about what this last year has brought and what this next one will bring.
So here are my thoughts from this year and and my Prayers for the next. So to start with Each of the past three years have brought major Surgery with a hard recovery, each time I think about the future I pray that I will not have to go through that again this year. Though I do have a great surgical team, I am pretty sure He has no desire to cut on me soon.
On January 19th 2011 I went in for Surgery a revision of my Hemi-arthroplasty to a Total shoulder arthroplasty, This was a very difficult decision but I am happy that I had it. (most of the time). In the months after surgery i fought through the recovery and therapy, and I also developed a great team of Dr's who are treating other areas of my Body. So before June of 2007 I had about four visits with Dr's in my life but now I see a Endocrinologist, a Pulmonary Dr., I have a Orthopedist and a Infectious disease Dr. and no I don't like have to see them even through they are all very nice.
So that was the bummer side to the last year. But there was many good moments to last year also, In may I went to Hawaii with my parents where I was able to sit and relax and recover, this was a great trip for my shoulder. In June we had another great Strawberry festival, it was so fun to have everyone here again and to eat really yummy food and watch some great fireworks. I also went to Seattle in June and Rode the Ducks with some friends, it was so fun to do something that usually tourist will only do. I also spent much of this year standing on the rail watching the Girls Game horses, it is so fun to see them doing what they love.
In July I had a great weekend camping at Lake Roosevelt with a bunch of youngsters :) haha. Though I will say Camping is much harder with my shoulder. but everyone pitched in and helped out.
So I guess I am now looking forward, wondering what the next year will bring. I am praying for better health and continued healing of my shoulder. I also am looking forward to see what God has planned for me what will with Year have for me? I am looking forward to school and my future, I am looking forward to the starting a new chapter a new adventure and most of all I am looking forward to spending some time with my Sister while She is home from oversees. It is so hard to have Her family so far away.
As this Year starts I am reminded that I am not 18 any more. I have pains that have developed and sometimes are really annoying, but they are part of my life, and truly I also have this little nagging voice in my head that reminds me that I am now only three years away from being the age my mother was when she became a Grandma. So it is hard not to think about the fact that I am getting older. But yet I also have a whole life to live, So I guess I would have to say that I am looking forward to a new year full of new opportunities.
Comments
Post a Comment