Ten Years

Why is it that we turn to God when life feels life it is crashing down on us. Last year on this day I was in Manhattan, I saw the tribute lights that shown into the sky in remembrance of nine years since the attacks on America that took so many lives and tonight on the eve of the 10th anniversary, I sit here and ponder why it is that we only turn to God when tragedy strikes. It is not only in the big things like 9/11 but in all areas of life, I find myself not relying on God as I should but each time I receive information that causes me to fear, my first reaction is to cry out to God. God is not only there in tragedy but in every breath we take.
I was reminded of our freedom and the God who has allowed that freedom. I look at the Statue of Liberty and what She stands for, for the freedom that she has stood for during the generations. But a statue, though she may be a symbol of our freedom it did not come from her. It was a gift. We here in America are given a blessed gift of being able to Love and worship the Lord without fear of persecution.
So tonight on this historic anniversary I ask that you remember the reason that we have the freedom in this country but also remember what this freedom stand for. It is not just a freedom to live however we feel but also it gives us freedom to love and worship our Lord.
A tribute in lights to honor those who lost their lives on that fall day ten years ago.

Comments