My Amazing People

I was thinking about things today and I was looking at all I have been blessed with and I realized that I do not take enough time to just be thankful. I have an amazing family who gives of themselves to help other and to reach out to anyone who may be in need. Though they also give to me continually. I have home that keep me warm and dry and gives me a comfortable place to live. I have a car that runs well, looks nice and is paid for. So with so many things to be great-full for why do I worry so much? This has been a hard week, I have been very sick and dealing with a lot of stuff, I keep wondering what does God have planned for me and why am I going through this? So back to my first paragraph why do I worry. God says for I know the plans I have for you. I have never had to go without even when really I should have felt as though I had nothing I have never truly been without. As a Child I had a mom who made sure that we always had nice clothes even if the were made from hand me down fabric, She always made sure that we had a house that was not an embarrassment for us to bring friends to, she also made sure we had enough food to eat. My Dad always worked hard for us and they have always given everything to their children. I learned so much about not having to have the newest greatest from the way I was raised and I have never felt as though I was without what I needed. This week I again was reminded of what I have. I have a family that loves me and will do anything for me and are always there for me. I also have amazing friends that are willing to drop everything to help me out, even if it is to go spend 10 hours in the ER with me. I could not ask for greater people in my life. So again I ask why do I worry? Why do I fear? the Bible says that I am not to fear, that my strength can be found in the Lord. i have to rest on these truths that no matter what He will ALWAYS be there for me. I Love those in my life, in college I had a professor once tell me that we would have many types of people in our lives, some would be like sandpaper and they would be there to file us down and to help form us, but then we would also have people in our live would would be like velvet and those people would be there to help polish us. I am so thankful for everyone in my life, I will never be done being filed and formed and yet those who help polish me are very close and special to my life. I will never be able to tank everyone who has helped me to become who I am today. I have so much to be thankful for and I know I have many more trial before me but I will be able to push forward because of those God has placed in my life and for the knowledge that I do not have to travel this road alone.

Comments