My Little Life

My little Life, We all have a story many began in a hospital in the nearest town, some stories are more exciting and maybe you mom did not make it to the Hospital, Some of you are true miracle babies, Though I think each life is a true miracle. Some may have had a rough start and were bounced from home to home praying for your forever family. No Matter what your beginning, middle, or end, We all have a story of our life. I think that my Beginning is a great one and has help to mold me into the Woman I am. I was Born into one of the Worlds greatest families. (at least I think so) I was blessed with five siblings, though I have only been able to meet four of them, but I know that I have a very special brother that did touch my life even if I never got to meet him. I was born in Africa something I am very proud of, I love that part of my story because from the very get go I was different. I was always taught to be strong, to have a true relationship with the Lord,because that is what would get me through the really hard times. I was taught to be Kind and helpful to those around me and I was taught to have a positive outlook even when it is not easy. I was never told that I could not accomplish something, I was always encouraged to do my best and to try, if it was something I really wanted. I remember my very first swim meet, I was placed in the 100yard freestyle, not my strong stroke at all, I was not the best swimmer and I had not learned how to do my turns yet, so on my first turn I choked on water, I thought I was going to die I couldn't breath and I did not know how I would complete three more laps, I really felt like giving up. I looked up hoping that someone would be there to help me quit, but instead I saw my whole team and my coach on the side of the pool screaming Go Ang!!!!!!! I then saw my parent screaming go they hadn't given up on me, even though I wanted to give up and I had lost the race by a mile, they were encouraging me to finish. I think of how my years in high school would have been different if I had given up that day. I would have never learned my turns and I would not have become one of the best Butterfly swimmers at the school. I think we all tend to want to give up on that first turn as soon as things get tough we panic, we feel like we can't breath, and if we don't have encouragement to keep going we quit. I know that I struggle with the fear of failure, it takes allot for me to convince myself to try something, even when I know I can do it because I am afraid of the small chance that I will fail. I have learned through much prodding that you can not let fear run your life, you have to reach for the stars and never look back. I learned that if I focus more on my relationship with the Lord my fear lessens and I am able to push through the difficult times. There have been many moment over my life but especially over the past four years where I wanted to give up, either because I did not feel like I would make it through or because I was just to physically tired from lack of sleep, or I had just plain lost the drive to go on, I then have looked up like I did that day in the pool and I see my family and friends are still there cheering me on. I also know that the Lord is right there with me. My Journey for that last four years has been my shoulder, I have said many times when this get better I will be able to get back to my life, and with each surgery what I knew of my life I have lost a little more. But what I am learning is that sometime you lave to loose some of the old layer to find who you are. I am now in a new phase, is my shoulder great, not really but it is better and stable, so it is time to push to the finish, but wait will it really be that easy? No way of course not, if it was I would not have to have faith, Yes Faith. I know what a crazy thing to lean on, but what else is there? I still have some big hills to clime and I do not want to climb them alone I need my faith in the lord to keep me strong so that I will reach the finish line, every time I take my eyes off the Lord the journey gets harder. so I am pushing on and I am encouraged by all of the cheers that I am getting from my family and friends, and I know I can finish the race, though I have many legs of it left to do.

Comments