Last night I was at a soup dinner, and we had the opportunity to share something that we are thankful for, but not just for today but in our whole life.
So what am I thankful for? I am thankful to be alive! God truly has a plan for me because from the time I was in the womb I should not be here. During my moms pregnancy with me she had collara and almost died. She was very ill and lost 30 pounds while carrying me, so I should not have ever been born, When I was an infant my family was in a horrific accident in Africa and my whole family survived even when we shouldn't have. But going back even as far as when my oldest sister was a baby, my dads van was hit by a train and it was truly a God thing that he survived.
I can go on and on about how God has intervened in my life bringing me to where I am today. I was asked a few weeks back how can you be so positive even with everything that I have been through and am going through. I replied that I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. I truly believe this that no matter what happens He is there with me.
This does not mean that I do not fear, I do have fear, I someday struggle with that fact that I can not do all the things that I have always been able to do. I also daily deal with pain, exhaustion and feeling pretty blah but I know that God will give me the strength I need to push through.
I sat there last night and I was thinking about my college days and how I was protected, through two major car wrecks in one week and how even though both cars were totaled, Laurie and I walked away with very little injury, or how God protected me as I drove through horrible snow storms ac-crossed the country. Or how He brought me through Heartbreak and trials.
I then think about what he has given me even when I have a very limited income. I have a good car, a safe nice home, I have food to eat a clothes to wear, We lack for nothing.
I can not even start to express how thankful I am, I know that I have stated it many times in my prior post,but again I am so blessed, I am blessed with a wonderful family a great foundation and I can't wait to see how God with bring me through the phase I am in at this time.
I Hope that you can look at your live and count all of your blessings, I know you can find things to be thankful for, even when you feel as though things suck.
Have a very Blessed Thanksgiving
Comments
Post a Comment