Two thousand and eleven

January 2011
This Year started with another Surgery on my shoulder and the beginning of recovery, On January 19th 2011 I had my partial shoulder replacement revised to a total shoulder replacement. It was tough to go through the surgery for the second year in a row. Feruary and March were mostly spent recovering from the shoulder surgery. I ended up staying at Mom and Dad's for almost six week so that they could help take are of me and allow me to recover and heal, without trying to focus on running my house. April my anticipation grew because in May my parents helped me go with them to Hawaii I spent ten days on the Big Island, my very favorite Island and then I spent three days in Waikiki, This was a fabulous trip that allowed me to relax, heal and enjoy the Water and the Sunshine
June, July and August brought Horse gaming and many hours standing at fences and cheering on all the kids as they ran Barrels, poles and exchanged flags.
In June we also hosted our 11th annual Strawberry Festival party. There were about 80 people, it was a great time. And the Food was awesome once again, I am already thinking about June and what I will do this year.
In August I tried my hand at a little bit of Canning, it turned out great. I made pickles, peach butter and apple sauce though I have had to make apple sauce a few times because the kids eat a jar every-time they come over.
August also brought Football games for my Nephew Gary the best 9 year old quarterback and kicker.
Then to fall, I am not sure exactly where the fall went, We seemed to run constantly, in August we met with a surgeon about Laurie's feet, it was determined that she had some very major defects and would need a lot of reconstruction. So on December 8th she underwent bi-lateral foot surgery, releasing a tendon on the right leg and the reconstructing the foot on the left. They place 7 screws, transferred tendons and reshaped bones. So needless to say she is off her feet for a while. Because of how major her surgery was and my limits to help her because of my shoulder, she is in a care center for a few weeks until she is more mobile. They are going a great job caring for her and she is getting top notch therapy, there is no rest for her there. She has OT and PT every day.
So in a nutshell that was our year, it was difficult at times but yet lots of fun. I am so blessed to have family and faith to help me through the tough stuff, and to enjoy the good stuff.
May this Christmas be a time of reflection and a time to look at the blessings we have though Jesus Christ. Without Him we would not have Christmas or even this Holiday. May you always feel the blessings of Christmas.

Comments