I have been a hermit this week, it has felt so good to be home after not being home for almost five weeks. I Got home and the snow started falling, giving me an excuse to just lay low and be home.
It is so beautiful to look outside and see the snow falling and just to think about how peaceful life is without all the Hustle. As many of you know my life is anything but calm. I am usually on the go and have very little downtime. It is nice when God gives us these moments to just be still. I was thinking about the verse be still and know that I am God. it is so very true, when we take time to stop and reflect, we are more likely to see God in our lives.
I am in a Bible study and we just started a study on Jonah and the interruption of life. We all have them, when we start in one direction but for some reason God changes our direction, how do we respond. i know that I have had more than my share of interruptions and I have not always responded in a very Christian manner, I some days just throw up my hand and say whatever. So maybe responding with whatever is not the best but I think God desires us to throw up our hands and let him lead even if it does interrupt all of your plans.
In this time of peacefulness I have had many moments to reflect on the most recent interruptions in my life, how have I responded? have I kept my attitude in check or have I chosen to wallow in the interruption. God, say for I know the plans I have for you. What does that mean? God knows my days, he knows my sorrow, and he knows my joy.
So in this time when the whole Pacific Northwest, is calm and without the hurry of normal life, I urge you to step back, take a look at you life, how have you dealt with interruptions, Take this time for find peace in the Lord.
Comments
Post a Comment