My week at home

         I have been home this week taking care of Laurie, She had Major Surgery last Tuesday. I decided that I would take this opportunity get a few projects done that have been waiting for me to have time.

         On Saturday I took apart the first of the dining room chairs that I got several months ago. these chairs were horribly filthy and just ugly. I had decided that at $5.00 each i could put some elbow greece into them and make them work for the house. I took the cushions off and covered them in a asparagus green color fabric that I had got on clearance and had also used on my two arm chairs in the living room. I then painted the chairs a dark walnut taking the ugly cane back chairs to a elegant dining chair. They took me five days to complete but I am so happy with the finished project.   


         Tomorrow I will start getting the outside ready for fall, I am happy to have some time to get stuff done and have reason that I can't be out running like crazy. School will be starting in just over a week so then life is going to get crazy again. I will have to find a way to juggle caring for Laurie keeping up on life and doing full time school. I know it is going to be a tough fall.

Comments

  1. They really did turn out lovely. Post some before and after pictures for inspiration! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment