New Me

I have spent my whole life fighting my weight. I have tried so many diets and some have worked for a while but after a month or two I have always quite losing weight and found myself discouraged. For all of you who have struggled with weight, you understand what it is like.
I have spent most of my adult life feeling ill, not having the energy to do things that I would like to do. Last spring I started trying to lose weight and watched every calorie that I ate and I had a small amount of success, but not as much as I would like. In July I decided to make a major change I didn't want to be this person any more, so I changed my whole life. I started by cutting out all gluten and refined sugars, I thought this would be hard but I prayed a ton and I did not have to many struggles with the change. I chose not to focus on weighing myself so from July 9th to September 17th I never stepped on a scale, I knew that my clothes were fitting much different though I wasn't sure I had really lost much weight. when I stepped on the scale in September I had lost 28 pound since July and over 40 pounds since April, I then was weighed again on October 8th and I had lost another 8 pounds bringing my total weight loss to 35 in three months and 50 total. This was all very shocking to me I never thought that I would be able to drop weight like this. I still have a very long ways to go, but I have now dropped six pant sizes and over 60 pounds. I have big goals and they just keep getting bigger every day.
I have never been able to fit normal sizes I have always shopped in the plus section and last week I walked into Kohl's and bought three shirts and a pair of jeans from the normal section. I do not believe that I have ever felt so amazing when buying clothes. Actually I have hated buying clothes in the past and today it feel pretty great. again I have a long ways to go but I have the ability to get there.
So how have I done it? Like I said earlier, I stopped eating any refined sugar and all gluten, but I chose not to replace the gluten with other starches but rather replaced them with veggies, and other healthy food. I find I don't even miss the starch.
I guess what I want to say to anyone who reads this, you can do it if you set your mind to it, for me I have spent a lot of time in prayer to keep me from just devouring a ton of bread or treats. I have also set physical not weight loss goals, I want to run a marathon, hike two different mountains and go to Africa. All of these things will be easier with less weight, though I have never let my weight keep me from accomplishing any thing in my life, I have just always had to work way harder.
I have big goals and am looking forward to completing each one. I hope I have encouraged even one person to fight for your goals. Get healthy, get active and accomplish all the thin gs you have said that you couldn't do. I am also a full time student and have big school goals also. I have worked in the medical field my whole adult life, working as a EMT, Midwife and a home health nurse, some of these things I have loved and one was just a job, but I have a big gaol, I want to be a Orthopaedic Physicians Assistant. This will take focus and determination and much prayer, I have to get into the program, then I have pay for school and juggle life and school but it is a dream that I am willing to focus on.
Anyways this is a glimpse into the new me.

Comments

  1. Maybe not a mountain, but we need to do at least one hike this summer. I'm really wanting to try 22 again with the boys...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment