This Christmas


This has been such a crazy great, stress full year. In the last twelve months Laurie has undergone two very major foot surgeries which has caused her to be non weight bearing for a total of 4 months and in a cast or a boot for 8 months. She will come out of the boot the day after Christmas and then will have several months of physical therapy to rebuild strength.
(the picture below is of me before)
This year I have been to Washington D.C. for medical testing, I have gone back to school as a full time student, I have also made major health changes in my life including losing 70 pounds so far. I have never been so focused on life.

(the picture to the right is me at 50 pounds lost)
So as Christmas approaches I again think of the new year and what the goals for this next year might be. I am looking forward to the next year. I have so many things I hope to accomplish. First off I am praying I can continue to lose the weight that I have to lose and also continue to work towards overall better health. I also hope to continue to strengthen my shoulder it will be two years in January since my last surgery. I have worked very hard to rehab my shoulder these last two years and even though it continues to be painful, I have full range of motion and can push through the pain.
 Other goals I have for this year. I pray I can grow more in love with the Lord and just focus my life more on Him, he is the reason we have to celebrate at Christmas, though our love of him should be as strong throughout the year. I also have a goal of traveling to Africa to do ministry, Finishing my first of two programs, also I hope to run my first 5K and work towards running a marathon down the road.
Many of these are great big goals and some are things that will be easy to accomplish but weather they are big or small they are what is driving me into this next year. I pray this Will be a year full of joy and accomplishment. I also pray that maybe it may bring unexpected joy into my life, i have been waiting for a long time for God to show me what he has for my life and even though I can plan what I think he has for me I need to be open for Him to change my direction so that He can do what He has for my life.
I love this time of year the smells, the lights the music and so much more, but most of all I love what it stands for. i love  the fact that I am a sinner saved by grace and that no matter what I have a God who loves me even with all of my flaws. I was chosen by Him and pray that my life is a example for those around me. What I ask is that as you go into this Holiday season think about what this season is all about.

Comments