when you make major life changes it is sometimes hard to remember where you started. On Wednesday I had a Dr's appointment when I stepped on the scale I had officially lost 83 pounds in eight months, sometimes I am frustrated because I feel as though I still have so far to go, but today I am thinking about that 83 pounds. That is 83 pounds of butter or 83 pounds of potatoes. I can't even imagine trying to pick either of those up and being able to carry them around.
I did not have any kind of surgery to get here I just decided I did not want to be that person any more. I will admit it has been tough. To loose 83 pounds means I have not had a piece of bread in 8 months, or a cupcake. It also means that I have consumed a huge amount of cauliflower, broccoli and other veggies. It means I have passed on dessert 98% of the time and I can't remember what real pasta taste like.
Though I am completely satisfied!!!!! I don't really miss those things and most of the time I don't even really care that I can't have them. what does 83 pounds really mean? It means 332 pounds of pressure less on my joint specifically my knees and hips. It means TEN pant sizes yes TEN!!! it is the difference in being able to buy clothing in a very limited plus size section and being able to walk into any store and buy clothes, (by the way this is something I have never done in my adult life :) but most of all it means that my heart and lungs do not have to work as hard to function adding years to my life.
I have done this one way and am happy with how I have chosen to do it. But my plan is not the plan for everyone, though I would like to put a challenge out there. If you have Ten ore more pounds to loose, figure out what works for you and Do IT, even 10 extra pounds is 40 pounds of pressure on your joints.
Many of you are asking for pictures and I will try to get some taken in the next couple of days but I would like to share some of where I came from.
Here is one picture taken in January it is not the best picture as I believe it was taken at 1 or 2 in the morning.
I still have a ways to go and some days it feels so impossible but then I think that in less than a year i have made it this far, so I can do this. I can reach what has always been an impossible goal!!!! I can reach my goal weight I can officially not be considered obese.
I did not have any kind of surgery to get here I just decided I did not want to be that person any more. I will admit it has been tough. To loose 83 pounds means I have not had a piece of bread in 8 months, or a cupcake. It also means that I have consumed a huge amount of cauliflower, broccoli and other veggies. It means I have passed on dessert 98% of the time and I can't remember what real pasta taste like.
Though I am completely satisfied!!!!! I don't really miss those things and most of the time I don't even really care that I can't have them. what does 83 pounds really mean? It means 332 pounds of pressure less on my joint specifically my knees and hips. It means TEN pant sizes yes TEN!!! it is the difference in being able to buy clothing in a very limited plus size section and being able to walk into any store and buy clothes, (by the way this is something I have never done in my adult life :) but most of all it means that my heart and lungs do not have to work as hard to function adding years to my life.
I have done this one way and am happy with how I have chosen to do it. But my plan is not the plan for everyone, though I would like to put a challenge out there. If you have Ten ore more pounds to loose, figure out what works for you and Do IT, even 10 extra pounds is 40 pounds of pressure on your joints.
Many of you are asking for pictures and I will try to get some taken in the next couple of days but I would like to share some of where I came from.
Here is one picture taken in January it is not the best picture as I believe it was taken at 1 or 2 in the morning.
I still have a ways to go and some days it feels so impossible but then I think that in less than a year i have made it this far, so I can do this. I can reach what has always been an impossible goal!!!! I can reach my goal weight I can officially not be considered obese.



You"re doing great! I still have 25# to go, but am thinking about working on it. :)
ReplyDelete