Issac and Rebekah

My dear friend wrote this blog that I have attached about Isaac and Rebekah. It is such a great reminder that Following the will of God Is not always easy, but if we do not follow His leading the end result may be much harder. I have had to make many choices lately One was very easy. Choosing Todd has been the easiest decisions I have ever made. We have both prayed very diligently about this decision and both know that it is truly the will of God. We also know that there are going to be things that are hard and fears to overcome.
For me I am going to miss my family like crazy, but I know that God is going to bless me with family and friends in Ecuador. Also I am terrified of spiders and snakes, and there are both there, but I also know that God will give me the strength to handle them. For Todd he has shared his fear of not being able to provide for me in a way that I am accustomed. This is not a financial concern but rather a logistical concern as He currently only a small amount of Solar power, He does have running water and limited phone and internet access. For me these are not concerns but as the Husband he desires for me to be comfortable.
But in the end distance and stuff are not enough to not follow Gods leading for my life.
So anyone who may have concerns for me please pray with us as we look forward to starting a new life together and if you would like to talk to me about these concerns I am here. I am willing to share with anyone to help them know how I know this is Gods leading for my life



Isaac / Rebekah, God's Leading, and the Modern World
This morning I was thinking about the Bible Story of Isaac and Rebekah.  If you are not familiar or need a refresher with the story it can be found in Genesis 24.  There is also a good summary here

I'd like to quote verse 58 " Then they called Rebekah and said to her, “Will you go with this man?” And she said, “I will go.” The choice was left up to her and, despite the fear she was probably feeling, she chose to obey what God had prepared her heart for.  A new adventure in a far away land.  Her family was behind her and her new husband (whom she had not yet met) in front of her.

God orchestrated an amazing series of events enabling His promise of many descendants of Abraham to be fulfilled.  I'm sure Rebekah's friends wondered if she were crazy and her family's friends wondered where their daughter went, but both followed God and trusted that it was all for His glory/good.

The modern world seems to be so wrapped up in security that often we forget that God really is the one in control.  The One we should follow in everything.  I hope to teach my sons to make God the center of their lives, what everything else revolves around.  Our faith and relationship with God should supersede our fear and doubts.  Doing what God says is ultimately what matters.

When I met my husband, I knew it was the right thing.  Not necessarily the easy thing, but the right thing.  When God is at the center of a life/marriage, that is more important than what others think or even what you think.  God is God and we are to follow Him in everything we do.  Even when it is hard.  It doesn't mean things will all be perfect, but it does avoid issues like we see with Jonah.  I for one do not want to get swallowed and thrown up by a whale.  Literally or figuratively.

Every believer as their own situations where God speaks to them and I don't question it (unless it goes directly against scripture like they think God wants them to kill someone).  So bringing it back, we should be more like Abraham's servant and Rebekah in this story where we pray and trust God to show us our way.

Comments