I have waited many years to say that. for So long I prayed God would bring me a God fearing husband to who loved and served the Lord and that we would be able to serve him together, This past year has been one exciting roller coaster ride and at the end I got the man God had planned for me all along.
I spent most of November in Ecuador, getting to know the place I will now call home and making sure that this was what God had planned for me. It was very clear after just a few moments together that God had chosen Todd for me and that he had great things planned for our future.
Thanks to many family and friends we were able to have the wedding of my dreams and so much more in jus six weeks, We are still overwhelmed by all the love that has been given to us through time and energy to make this day so amazing. my mother and sisters gave so much to make it special, and to even have my sister Janel here was amazing.
So now what? Todd and I spent most of the week after our wedding changing my name and getting the numerous legal documents needed to move me to Ecuador. We then madly packed and said to many very teary goodbyes, This is the hard part, knowing that life will never be the same as it was and saying goodbye to some wondering if it will be your last goodbye, and others who are kids now but will be practically adults when you come back.
No matter how much you prepare yourself for the future and know it is the greatest adventure you could ever have. Leaving you family and friends and the life you have loved is very difficult and comes with many tear, knowing I will not be able to talk to my mom, sisters, friends and nieces daily has brought more tears than I ever thought, but I also know that this adventure and marriage will bring more joy than I have ever known, there will be times I will miss all the comforts of home, such as warm showers and power but I know God has big plans for us together in Ecuador.
So next we leave Texas where we have spent the last week getting me my visa and traveling to the smith family farm in Louisiana. We will head to Quito on Wednesday and travel through Miami, I am praying that my doggie Bristol will survive the trip he has had some worried moments not understanding what is in his future.
Please pray for us as we travel that the weather will hold and all will go easy and we will be able to get through customs with the dog and luggage.






Comments
Post a Comment