I can´t believe it has been six months since our wedding and that we are nearly five months pregnant. life has been flying by, with much to do on the farm and many trips to Quito to deal with visa paperwork, we have had little time to sit back and even breath let alone think about the events of these last months.
I will try to sum up our activities as there has been so many, fist off we were able to get floors and walls up on the second floor of the house, this included, cooking meals for workers three times a day for many months, we also have built a nice dog run for my dog, which he loves and feels much more secure and comfortable, as this is what he was used to in Washington. We also built a privacy shelter for the bathing area this was very nice while we were hosting guest these past weeks. I like it because it has a roof on it so I don´t have to stand in the rain to bathe. We have also started the construction of our latrine though we ran out of time to finish it but hopefully in the next week or two we will accomplish that task also.
It was a fun time for me to be able to host people in our home and thanks to my family and friends they came bearing three large boxes of stuff from home, which is making our house more of a home, we have invested in a bigger bed for us now that we are in our room upstairs and so our double bed is now being used in the large guest room and we bought a twin for the small room, so we now have a place for anyone who wants to come and visit.
Tomorrow we will be having our ultrasound to check on the baby and find out if it is (purple or green) or pink or blue, I really am ok not knowing but Todd really wants to know so we decided we will find out, we will be having a 3D ultrasound and I will post pictures when we have them, I am feeling the baby kick and move and it is growing good, I am still fighting not feeling good often but Todd is great and makes sure I have what I need. I am starting to get the urge to buy things for the baby but at this time we really don´t have anything except the few things we have received from mom, Hopefully we will be able to get a few necessities before the little one arrives.
Thinking of you all and missing everyone tons, I will try to post pictures to this blog before we leave Quito this week.
I will try to sum up our activities as there has been so many, fist off we were able to get floors and walls up on the second floor of the house, this included, cooking meals for workers three times a day for many months, we also have built a nice dog run for my dog, which he loves and feels much more secure and comfortable, as this is what he was used to in Washington. We also built a privacy shelter for the bathing area this was very nice while we were hosting guest these past weeks. I like it because it has a roof on it so I don´t have to stand in the rain to bathe. We have also started the construction of our latrine though we ran out of time to finish it but hopefully in the next week or two we will accomplish that task also.
It was a fun time for me to be able to host people in our home and thanks to my family and friends they came bearing three large boxes of stuff from home, which is making our house more of a home, we have invested in a bigger bed for us now that we are in our room upstairs and so our double bed is now being used in the large guest room and we bought a twin for the small room, so we now have a place for anyone who wants to come and visit.
Tomorrow we will be having our ultrasound to check on the baby and find out if it is (purple or green) or pink or blue, I really am ok not knowing but Todd really wants to know so we decided we will find out, we will be having a 3D ultrasound and I will post pictures when we have them, I am feeling the baby kick and move and it is growing good, I am still fighting not feeling good often but Todd is great and makes sure I have what I need. I am starting to get the urge to buy things for the baby but at this time we really don´t have anything except the few things we have received from mom, Hopefully we will be able to get a few necessities before the little one arrives.
Thinking of you all and missing everyone tons, I will try to post pictures to this blog before we leave Quito this week.
Comments
Post a Comment